Well, we’ve made it to 2021! While there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel, many units continue to encounter hurdles for meeting face-to-face. With winter weather bearing down on much of the U.S., outdoor meetings are a little less convenient, especially for Cubs.
So, while we’re all still navigating a very different year in programming, many of us are trying to find ways to present Cub Scout adventures in a virtual setting. Having been a den leader for many years, I have been working on updating and converting my archived materials to help YOU plan a full year of virtual programming.
Take a breath. I’ve got you.
Below you’ll find a link to a Google Slide file entitled “Look Wider Still: Bear Den Slides & Meeting Organization Tools Master File”. This file contains 43 slides full of adventure requirements and resources like external links, embeddable (is that a word) YouTube videos, and downloadable/printable files I’ve created to keep your Scouts on track this year.
To use it:
- Make a copy of this file by clicking File > Make a Copy > Entire Presentation.
- Make a copy of your presentation for every meeting, editing the content with the included resources however you’d like.
- Give your presentations meaningful names, like “October 16 2020 Bear Meeting Baloo the Builder”. This will make it easy to find in your Slides collection and to share with others.
- Make copies of / download the linked Google Drive files within as well!
You can then pick and choose the slides you’d like to use, deleting those that you won’t need for your specific meeting adventure. Easy!
Download the Tiger Den Slides & Meeting Organization Tools Master File
This file is available with viewer permissions. You will need to follow the instructions above to make edits to the Tiger Den Slides & Meeting Organization Tools Master File.
Best of Luck!
As always, I share these files in the hopes that it helps give you back some of your free time and helps ease the stress of the planning process. I’d love to know how you used the Bear Den Slides & Meeting Organization Tools and what you thought about the resources. Did this help you reclaim a few spare minutes? Did it make den planning a breeze this year? What would you add or change?
Thank you for stopping by! Please follow Look Wider Still, like and comment on this post, and follow me on Facebook and Instagram!
Yours in Scouting,
Need help planning your virtual den meetings all year long?
I’ve created a series of Google Slides that can be shared via your favorite virtual meeting program.
Look Wider Still is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
Additional Look Wider Still Resources
- How to Teach the Outdoor Code and Leave No Trace Principles for Kids
- Scientific Cub Scout Mysteries
- Visual Aids for Virtual Meetings
- Youth Protection in a Virtual World
- How to Run a Virtual Pack Meeting
- Online Conferencing Tools for Virtual Meetings
- Free Cub Scout and Scouts BSA Backgrounds for Virtual Meetings
- Bitmoji Den and Pack Meeting Settings